Latest News

♥ Winter Break ♥ Vegan ♥ Yoga ♥ SoCal Roadtrip ♥ Love ♥ Laugh

Friday, September 9, 2011

Living in London

Living in London is a small retro-victorian restaurant and tea house. Located on Santa Engracia Street, there is also a shop with victorian-style house utilities, like the ones used at the restaurant.


At the entrance of the restaurant is a small shop with english goodies: tea, cookies, chocolates, jams and marmalades, chips, sweets, and sodas. Most products are from England, but one may also buy a slice of homemade cake.


The menu of the restaurant also offers options for vegetarians (yay!). One may find different snacks, like veggie chips or sandwiches.

Fantastic olives and bread with extroardinary olive oil is offered as an appetizer. Isn't it great to dip whole wheat bread in olive oil?? This appetizer is included with the lunch price. This is sometimes not common in other restaurants, which usually charge bread separetly if one eats it.


The soups vary from season to season, yesterday  different versions of "gazpacho" were offered: with strawberries and an ice cream or with mozzarella cheese. Salads are delicious, my boyfriend  tried the chicken curry and I chose the  goat cheese one. Mmmmmm... I love goat cheese!

Main dishes are also plus. I wasn't very hungry, so I got a Salad instead (I wanted to try the cakes!). My bf had Carpaccio with cheese foundee... very very cute!


So... time for dessert! There are so many options: brownie, cakes, smoothies and milkshakes. I just couldn't make up my mind. Finally, we both went for a cake: chocolate with raspberries and carrot cake.


 Do I recommend it? I sure do! The price range is a little expensive (at least for my income at the moment). The whole course: cold dish + warm dish + dessert + drink can go for 30 euros per person. However, it is a very cute place to surprise someone (specially for a first date for example).

No comments:

Post a Comment